Yorkshire Building Society, which is also known as YBS or Yorkshire BS, appears to be the third-largest building society in the United Kingdom. On this page, you can read the Yorkshire Building Society review and find out about its locations (along with phone numbers, addresses, and opening times). Besides, you can also check how to login to the Yorkshire BS online banking system.
Yorkshire Building Society Locations
At the present time, there are 242 Yorkshire Building Society locations in the United Kingdom: 143 out of them are branches and the remaining 99 are associated agencies. If you wish to locate the closest YBS branch around you, you can do it right here. Please, use this map to find YBS locations around you:
Another way how you can locate branches of this building society is to use its own locator here:
Yorkshire Building Society Opening Times
If you want to find out the common YBS opening times, we will provide them in this section. Yet, you must keep in mind that the may vary from one branch to another. Therefore, we recommend you to use the method described right below. However, here you get to see the common Yorkshire Building Society opening times:
If you want to check out the opening times of a particular branch, we recommend you to use the map published right above for this purpose. Here are the steps you should do:
- First of all, you should find a branch that interests you on the map and click on it.
- In the new form that you have just triggered, click on “View Larger Map.”
- Then, you will be able to look up the opening times of that branch on the new page.
If you want to find out how to contact this building society, that’s the place you just need. For that purpose, we recommend you to call the following phone numbers:
Keep in mind that this contact center is available from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. on weekdays and from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. on Saturdays.
Yorkshire Building Society Review
Yorkshire BS was founded back in 1864 in Huddersfield, and it has expanded during this time through mergers and acquisitions. In particular, the bank had undertaken a large merged with the Bradford Permament Building Society back in 1975, and it allowed it to evolve into the organization we know nowadays. Actually, the headquarters of YBS is located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
Currently, this building society is well-known in the United Kingdom, whereas it appears to be the 3rd-largest building society in the country by assets. Over 3,300 employees work for this organization. The key products of YBS include mortgages, savings, investments, and insurance.
Many customers value this building society for its top-notch customer service. If you need a mortgage, it might be a good idea to get it here. In fact, YBS offers one of the most flexible mortgages, whereas you are able to underpay or overpay them in most instances. The amount of mortgages from this lender is paramount, too, whereas there are over a hundred mortgage options.
If you decide to take up a loan here, keep in mind that you can borrow up to £500,000 for certain home types (though, loans that exceed £1,000,000 are available, too). At the time of writing this article, the average interest rate on fixed-rate mortgages from this lender stood at 2.02%. That is far below the national average of 2.81%, which definitely makes it worth to consider applying for a mortgage from this lender.
Other Financial Services to Consider
Perhaps, you might need to get a quick and fast loan? Or transfer your money? Here, we will also review some of the useful financial services in United Kingdom that you might consider to use.
Peachy Loans tends to be a perfect lender for those borrowers who may need short-term loans for a couple of days or months. You can get between £100 and £1,000 on a period of up to several months. Moreover, if you will be able to pay off your loan faster, no problem! This lender won’t let you to incur early payment fees. In order to find out more, click on the button below.
Do you need to make a money transfer from UK elsewhere? Or vice versa? MoneyGram is one of the leading money transfer companies, having over 347,000 agents and offices worldwide. This means that you are able to send money literally to any part in the world. If you wish to get to know the rates and fees, please click on the button below.
Do you want to invest your savings? You can check out this brokerage firm, which is ideal for small investors. Basically, it promises top-notch service and access to thousands of prospective securities, while charging really mediocre contract fees ($0.50) and having a flee rate of $5 on U.S. shares. In order to check it out, click here:
Yorkshire Building Society Online Banking
As long as you are a member of this building society, you are entitled to use the Yorkshire Building Society internet banking. Actually, this will help you to significantly reduce the number of times when you have to visit branches of this financial institution. All in all, here we will show you how to use the Yorkshire Building Society online banking system in detail.
Yorkshire Building Society Login
If you are already enrolled in the online banking of this society building, then you can already manage your bank account online. But for that, you should make a Yorkshire Building Society login. In this part of our guide to the YBS online banking, we will show you how to sign in to your account step by step.
- First of all, you should start the entire login process by clicking on the following button:
- After accessing the main webpage of YBS, you should click on the “Login” button – you can find it in the right-upper corner.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the Yorkshire Building Society login form. As a matter of fact, that’s the place where you can sign in to your account.
- So, start the entire login process by entering your username or customer number in the field on that page.
- You can also check the box near “Remember me,” as it will allow you to save your username/customer number in the browse. Once you are done with this, click on “Continue.”
- On the next page, you should continue the login process. For that purpose, you should select your date of birth in the first field.
- Then, specify the required letters/symbols of your password in the second field. Once you are done, click on the “Continue” button.
- If you have done everything right, you will get signed in to your online banking account in a moment. Then, you will be able to manage your bank account in a way you wish.
Sign Up for Online Banking
If you are a member of this building society but haven’t signed up for online banking yet, you can still easily fix it. In fact, you just should complete a simple and quick enrollment procedure. Here, we will demonstrate you how to enroll in Yorkshire Building Society internet banking step by step.
- In the first place, you must launch the website of YBS by clicking on the following button:
- On the next page, you should select which an account type of you have: YBS or Ex-N&P. For that, just click on the respective button.
- Eventually, you will get to see the enrollment form. Then, you should start filling it out in order to enroll in the YBS online banking.
- So, enter your 10-digit account number in the first field there. Then, enter your first name in the next field and click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you must provide your identity details. So, fill out all the fields there and click on “Continue.”
- Eventually, you will have to provide contact information, linked to your profile. That includes your email address and phone number. Also, select how you want to receive a verification code and click on “Continue.”
- Once you have received the verification code, type it in the field on the next page. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- Eventually, you will be allowed to set up your online banking account. For that, make up your login and type it in the given field there. Then, click on “Continue.”
- On the next page, you will be allowed to set up your password and set security questions. So, create a strong password and type it the first two fields. Then, set security questions in the next fields and type answers near them. At the end, finalize this process by clicking on the “Continue” button.
- Right after doing so, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have just signed up for YBS online banking. This means that you can now access your bank account online. For that purpose, you should just use your username or customer number along with your password.
Recover Online Banking Password
If you can’t access your bank account online due to lost/forgotten password, here is a quick way to recover it. For that, you must only have access to the phone number, linked to your account. All in all, follow the instructions you can find below in order to recover the password of your online banking account.
- At first, you should enter the website of YBS by clicking on the following button:
- Right after doing so, you should click on the “Login” button, placed in the right-upper corner.
- Immediately after doing so, you will get to see the Yorkshire Building Society login form. There, you must type your username in the provided field and click on “Continue.”
- Then, you will receive a verification code onto your phone number. You must type that code in the given field and click on “Continue.”
- Eventually, you will be allowed to set up a new password for your online banking account. For that purpose, you must make up a strong, reliable password and type it the given field. Then, enter it in both fields on that page and click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have successfully changed your password. From that moment on, you will have to use your new password for accessing your bank account online.
In addition to this, you can also check the page of Coventry Building Society.