Currently, Chelsea Building Society, which is also known as CBS, appears to be a trading name of Yorkshire Building Society, which merged with CBS in 2010. On this page, you can find out about CBS locations, including their opening times and phone numbers. Additionally, you can read our Chelsea Building Society review and check out how to make a login to its online banking.
Chelsea Building Society Locations
As of the present time, there are no CBS locations – instead, customers are served in the Yorkshire Building Society branches. If you wish to find the closest locations of this building society near you, please browse this map:
Besides, you can also use the official branch locator of this building society. Here is where you can access it:
Chelsea Building Society Opening Times
At this point of our page, we will provide the opening times of the CBS branches. However, you must keep in mind that the opening times may vary between different branches. All in all, these are the typical Chelsea Building Society opening times:
Nonetheless, we recommend you to check the opening times of particular branches. For that purpose, you should do the following steps:
- At first, you should select a branch that interests you on the map, presented above.
- In the newly appeared form, you have to click on the “View Larger Map” text button.
- At the end, you will get to see the opening hours of that branch on the next page.
Do you need to contact this building society? Then, you should call on one of the following phone numbers:
Chelsea Building Society Review
In fact, CBS was established back in 1875, and it was named then as the London & Camberwell Building Society. And just three years later, in 1878, there was formed the Borough of Chelsea Permanent Building Society. Throughout its history, this organization had expanded at a rapid pace, which allowed it to become the UK’s fourth-largest building society.
In 2010, however, Yorkshire Building Society merged with Chelsea Building Society, resulting in the YBS becoming the third-largest building society in the country. Nowadays, Chelsea Building Society (CBS) is just a trading name of YBS. Actually, all the locations of Yorkshire Building Society serve nowadays the customer of CBS.
While CBS was such a large company in terms of assets (the 4th-biggest in the country), its popularity among customers is not so great. According to several portals, its mortgages tend to be on the 7th place among 23 lenders. While CBS offers a top-notch customer service and is perfectly clear in its statements, the interest rates of its mortgages are higher than what some other BSs may offer.
Another thing to be aware of is that while you can make overpayments on mortgages, there are certain things to keep in mind. If you exceed a certain limit of “overpayment” in a year, you will be charged an early repayment fee. And so, while this building society tends to offer certain advantages, you should always compare it against other alternatives.
Other Financial Services to Consider
Perhaps, you might need to get a quick and fast loan? Or transfer your money? Here, we will also review some of the useful financial services in United Kingdom that you might consider to use.
Peachy Loans tends to be a perfect lender for those borrowers who may need short-term loans for a couple of days or months. You can get between £100 and £1,000 on a period of up to several months. Moreover, if you will be able to pay off your loan faster, no problem! This lender won’t let you to incur early payment fees. In order to find out more, click on the button below.
Do you need to make a money transfer from UK elsewhere? Or vice versa? MoneyGram is one of the leading money transfer companies, having over 347,000 agents and offices worldwide. This means that you are able to send money literally to any part in the world. If you wish to get to know the rates and fees, please click on the button below.
Do you want to invest your savings? You can check out this brokerage firm, which is ideal for small investors. Basically, it promises top-notch service and access to thousands of prospective securities, while charging really mediocre contract fees ($0.50) and having a flee rate of $5 on U.S. shares. In order to check it out, click here:
Chelsea Building Society Online Banking
Once you have become a customer of this building society, you become able to manage your bank account online in different ways. But for that, you have to enroll in this Chelsea Building Society internet banking system. In this guide to Chelsea online banking, we will disclose how to log in to your account, recover password, or sign up for online banking.
Chelsea Building Society Login
In case you have already signed up for the online banking system of this company, you can manage your bank account online. But for that purpose, you should make a Chelsea Building Society login. Here, we will demonstrate you how to sign in to your online banking account step by step.
- At first, you must launch the website of this building society by clicking here:
- On that website, you should click on the “Login” button – you can see that button in the right-upper corner.
- Following it, you will get to see the Chelsea Building Society online banking form. There, you must type your username or customer number in the given field in the first place.
- Besides, you can check the box near “Remember me,” which allows you to save your username in the browser. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you should select your birthdate in the first field. Then, specify the required symbols of your password in the next field and click on “Continue.”
- If you have done everything right, you will get signed in to your online banking account in a moment. Then, you can manage your bank account in any way you wish.
Sign Up for Online Banking
If you haven’t signed up for online banking yet, you can register your Chelsea Building Society online banking account in a few minutes. Here, we will demonstrate you how to sign up for online banking in an easy way.
- In the first place, you should click on the following button and launch the website of this building society:
- Then, you should draw your attention to the right-upper corner of the website. There, you must click on the “Register” text button (to the left side from the “Login” button).
- On the next page, you will get to see some details about Chelsea Building Society internet banking. Once you have made up your mind to sign up for it, click on the “Register now” button (placed on the right side).
- Following it, you will get to see the enrollment form on the next page. So, you need to start filling it out in order to sign up for internet banking.
- So, you should type your first name in the first field on that page. Then, type your account number in the next field and click on “Continue.”
- Then, you must fill out the remaining fields on the next page and click on the “Continue” button.
- Following it, you will be offered different ways of receiving a verification code. At that point, select a way that suits you best and click on the “Continue” button.
- After you have received the verification code, type it in the field on the next page. Then, proceed further by clicking on “Continue.”
- Eventually, you will be allowed to set up your online banking account. So, make up username for online banking and type it in the first field there.
- Next, you must create a strong password for your online banking account. Actually, we recommend it to include capital letters, regular letters, special symbols, and digits. Then, type that password in the remaining fields and click on “Continue.”
- At the end, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have successfully signed up for online banking. Now, you can use your username and password in order to access your online banking account.
Recover Online Banking Password
If you can’t access your bank account online due to the lost password, that’s not a problem either. Actually, you can recover your password in quite a quick and simple way. In this part of our guide, we will show you how to get your password recovered.
- First of all, you must click on the following button and access the website of this building society:
- In the right-upper corner of that website, you will get to see the “Login” button – click on it.
- On the next page, you must type your username or customer number in the given field. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- The next page will require you to enter your date of birth and password. Instead of doing it, you should click on the “Forgotten password?” text button, placed at the bottom.
- Following it, you will get to see the recovery form. There, you must enter your username or customer number in the first field. Then, select your date of birth in the next field and click on the “Continue” button.
- Right after doing so, select a way of receiving a verification code on the next page. Then, click on “Continue.”
- After you have received the code, enter it in the field on the next page and click on the “Continue” button.
- At the end, you will be allowed to set up a new password for your online banking account. At that point, you must make up a strong password for your account. Once you have that password, type it in both fields on that page. Eventually, click on the “Continue” button.
- Following it, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have successfully changed your password. Then, just use the new password to access your online banking account. Yet, keep in mind that you will have to use it each time you will try to sign in.
Additionally, we recommend you to get to know more about Principality Building Society.